Thursday, January 02, 2014

Heart to Heart 2014

Hello Party People!

Once upon a time (2007, actually) I had this little idea that it would be fun to exchange Valentines. Remember those days when you decorated your Kleenex box and set it on the corner of your desk and waited for it to be filled with little bits of sweetness?

Yes! Like that.

And so the Heart to Heart to swap was born.  I thought it would be fun to find all of my swap Valentines.
2007,  we were still the Misadventures of Mama & Jack in those days and I made Jack cupids.
2008 (oh how I still love these all lined up like this), pretty paper party dresses.
2009, the crazy started for me - an entire army of spool dolls that were labor intensive.
2010, even more labor intensive (and I don't even know where mine is!), glass beaded flowers and bees.
2011, birds on nests.
2012, one of the cutest! Bon Jovi Arrows of love.
And 2013, I still dig these too, milk bottle cap flowers.

I already have mine brewing since I picked up something to make them with during the summer. :-)

Now it's your turn to join in on the fun!~

The details:
I will accept up to 14 participants. Sign ups will close on Jan 8th, the Wednesday after the holidays or WHENEVER THE SWAP IS FULL. Please do not wait if you think you want in. This isn't a secret club. You don't need to be a blogger, be friends with a blogger, live next door to a blogger, have picked the nose of a blogger (heh), have participated before, show your i.d., be willing to sell your children, etc. I only ask that you are willing to commit in order to join.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to make 14 Valentines and have them in the mail by Feb 1. (Sooner if you are an international participant.) You can make whatever kind of Valentine makes you happy. Use fabric, paper, buttons, clothes pins, paint, felt, etc. We always have a wide variety of Valentines. (Feel free to search "heart to heart" on the blog to see the rest of the valentines.) I generally will find packaging that can accommodate them as long as they aren't HUGE! :-)

Please enclose $5 to help cover the return postage. (More for international participants.)

I will mail you a lovely little handmade Valentine package containing one Valentine from each of the participants. When everything goes as planned that means you get 14Valentines.

PLEASE, PLEASE remember that other participants are busy making a Valentine for you and there really is no room for flaking out in this swap. Only sign up if you are serious about the commitment. If you are already known to have flaked on the heart to heart before your request will be denied. Sorry to be blunt, but it's frustrating for everyone.

To sign up email me at makinprojiks@gmail.com. Include HEART TO HEART SWAP in the subject line for me please! 

6 comments:

  1. I'm not signing up BUT I wanted you to know that I still have my spool doll on display year round and I l-o-v-e it. Cutest thing ever. Your heart swappers are lucky people indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please include us as a mom/daughter crafting team. We found your blog last Halloween and were late on your Halloween swap. Drag! We have been waiting patiently for your Heart to Heart swap. Our email is funkygirlychick@gmail.com We look forward to hearing from you. Michelle and Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sign me up!!! Yay!!! I really missed last year's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so wanted to sign up but I just started a new job and I'm not sure I will have enough time to complete enough Valentines...I will start on next years swap today...sorry I missed out, I loved the Halloween swap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to sign up for the swap. I need a little craft boost. I have participated in swaps in the past but none recently.
    ganas5@windstream.net.
    I will try to talk my Mama into participating. I got my crafting genes from her. ;).

    Debra

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?